At southwest airlines, those who travel of the age group of 65 and more can acquire all the details about the fares, limitations or any restrictions via reservations through southwest airlines reservations sales agent or travel agent. These fares are subject to change until you purchase the tickets but senior fare tickets are fully refundable.
How to make southwest airlines reservations?
1. You can make reservations for senior passengers online or by calling the Southwest airlines reservation agent but only when the age is actually above 65.
2. Senior fares are applicable to those who are of the age 65 and more but there are many other discounted fares for them who are not meeting the above age requirements however, there might be some seating limitations and restrictions applicable.
3. In case you are traveling during holidays or weekends, always be sure that you make the reservations far in advance.
4. If convenient, make your travel trip during mid day and mid weeks because that time is less crowded and there are many personal services at the same price for seniors in the southwest airlines fares.
5. In case any of your plan changes, contact the reservations to cancel the seat so that others may reserve the same.
Check in for your flight
1. You need to have your boarding pass when you are about to board the aircraft. You can get the boarding pass and reward credits at the ticket counters, departure gates.
2. If you are traveling on a senior fare and you are age verified you need to request your boarding pass at a rapid-check in kiosk and if you are not traveling as such you need not do the same.
3. If you are traveling on a senior fare and you are not age verified you should provide valid age proof at the airport when you exchange your confirmation number for a boarding pass. For a valid age proof you can provide your drivers license or other accepted identification but no Medicare card would be accepted.
4. In case, there is a requirement for a wheel chair, you should request one at the curbside check-in or at the main lobby ticket counter. If you travel with your own wheelchair, you should notify the airlines at least 48 hours in advance.
5. If you are checking in with your luggage, make sure that you give the final destination not your connecting city to the agent handling your check in process.
6. Be sure that the city mentioned upon your baggage claims ticket and the luggage tag matches your final destination.