In the United States, gambling is a prevalent activity. In 2002 alone, surveys show that almost 65% of the American population is hooked up with gambling.
In fact, there are professional analyzers that insist on their findings that there are more people who spend more money in gambling than they would do with the other nonsense items such video games, theme parks, and movie tickets, even if all of these things are combined all together.
Since then, there have been numerous reports about how gambling is penetrated in the society. There are still studies that lack evidence and conclusions about senior gambling.
These should pose an alarming case. This can be attributed to the recent survey done on almost 7,000 seniors, wherein, bingo had ranked as the second most-played gambling game by seniors.
Moreover, the number of senior people who are into gambling have increased from 20% in 1974 to 50% in 1988. These figures can be very alarming in spite of the long gap between 1974 and 1988. Also, this only goes to show that senior gambling is gradually but steadily growing in number.
Because most of the seniors have already gotten their nest eggs, they have more tendencies to get involved in gambling because of their money.
So, for people who want to know why senior gambling is so rampant these days, heres a list of some facts that could be of great help.
1. Senior gambling is prevalent because of the fact that they do not have anything to do and that gambling is the only activity they find lucrative and at the same time gratifying.
2. Lack of attention and deteriorating opportunities made available for their social interaction, older people are more vulnerable to gambling these days. They find gambling as one way of escaping the hard realities of life that they could not bear. In turn, they gamble a lot so as to forget lifes problems.
3. Another reason why a lot of senior people are so much into gambling is that they have money, usually from their nest eggs or retirement funds. The more money they have, the more chances of gambling more.
4. In reality, senior gambling does not delve more on winning but more on the entertainment and satisfaction that they get whenever senior people gamble.
5. More privileges are available for senior gamblers, thus, seniors find it more convenient and more pleasurable to play gambling.